“Emotions like God”
When experiencing the presence of the Lord sometimes our natural body will react. I have experienced the presence of God in laughter. Yeah literally laughing until I cried as the Holy presence of God moved on my being. Some will say “oh that’s not God. He isn’t emotional” where on earth do you think we get our emotions from? Created in “His” imagine, we are like our Father.
When I first experienced this, God was doing a huge work in my life. Those on the outside would see an emotional person, crying and laughing, but God was transforming my very personality all the way down to how I thought about life! God changed me! Thank God I had a husband who knew enough about God to not stop what was happening in my heart. We need to loose our selves in His presence. We need to stop worrying about how something God is doing in us looks and just let Him change us inside and out!
Yes God is emotional. Yes there are scriptures to back it up. He laughs, He cries, He hates, He loves, He is all that and more!
I have met people we have an “emotionless” marriage to a spouse and to me that would be hell on earth. Don’t let religion dictate to you that you must have an emotionless marriage to your God. Your relationship with Him is to be enjoyed!
Be blessed, enjoy your walk with God!
- Pastor Belinda🌷
1. God Laughs “The wicked plots against the righteous and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, for He sees his day is coming.” (Psalm 37:12-13)
2. God Mourns “Jesus wept.” (John 11:35)
3. God Hates “There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers.” (Proverbs 6:16-19)
4. God Loves “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
5. The Lord Rejoices “The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever; the Lord shall rejoice in His works.” (Psalm 104:31)
6. God Feels Pleased “And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.” (1 Kings 3:10)
7. God Feels Displeased “And when the peopled complained, it displeased the Lord: and the Lord heard it; and His anger was kindled; and the fire of the Lord burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.” (Numbers 11:1)
8. . God Feels Anger “ Then the anger of the Lord burned against Moses, and He said, ‘Is there not your brother Aaron the Levite? I know that he speaks fluently. And moreover, behold he is coming out to meet you; when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.’” (Exodus 4:14, see also Numbers 12:9)
9. God Is Jealous “ For you shall not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.” (Exodus 34:14)
10. God Feels Compassion “And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and He healed their sick.” (Matthew 14:14)